Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hellooooo Isaac

Isaac's upon us.  A real live hurricane.  Just read a post by Dani of SUNDOWNER, berthed in New Orleans itself, with pictures of how they have stripped their boat and made ready for the storm.  Based on their description and photos, they have been very prudent.  Now, only time will tell.

I have been a bit concerned about DELTA BELLE.  She's lying in the marina you can see on the previous post. (with a satellite shot below)  However, she has been stripped of all deck canvas.  The staysail's off, but the main is still there, albeit under the sailcover and carefully tied with gaskets.  I asked the good folks at Northshore Marine to pass by to see if there's anything they could do to further secure her in the slip, which they kindly agreed to do.  My neighbors in the little marina also said they'd look after her if the need arose.  I like to think I'd do the same for them if it came to that.

So that's it for hurricane prep.  I'm still very eager to get back to Louisiana on the 9th of next month, and can only hope that I find everything in good shape...both for the people there, and for DELTA BELLE.


1 comment:

  1. Typically that is a GREAT slip for Hurricane protection. Kudos for finding it. Did it come with the boat?

    ReplyDelete